Toyota has recently introduced the ‘Hiace’ in our country. Well, the name does seem very uncommon. So, if you are now aware, the Toyota Hiace is a people’s mover just like the Kia Carnival and Toyota Vellfire. It’s just that the Hiace is more utilitarian and less of luxury.
Although an official launch is still under the books we know that it will be priced at ₹55 Lakhs (ex-showroom). As of now, Toyota said that in the initial stage, 50 units of the Hiace have been already imported into our country.
What powers the vehicle?
Under the hood, Hiace gets a 2.8-litre 4 cylinder turbo diesel engine. Wait! We have heard about this engine. Well, this 2.8-litre engine is the one that also was available with the Innova and Fortuner earlier. Of course, Hiace gets the detuned version of this diesel motor.
- This turbo-diesel engine is capable of producing 151hp of max power and the torque output sits at 300Nm.
- As of now, the Toyota Hiace only arrives in a 6-speed automatic transmission variant.
Are there any creature comforts in this VAN/MPV?
Being the 5th generation model, it is deprived of many of the modern amenities. So, let me tell you, the 6th generation of this MPV is already on sale in the markets overseas. Nevertheless, it gets;
- a 2-DIN stereo with CD, AUX and USB inputs.
- This imported Hiace will be available only in a 14-seats configuration.
- With that, the MPV also gets a space saver gear-knob that is mounted on the dashboard.
- Additionally, it gets standard safety kit like Dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, powered sliding rear doors and more.
Does the Toyota Hiace have any rivals?
To begin with, this MPV will arrive only in one variant which happens to be the GL trim. Also, the vehicle coming to India is the 5th generation, even though the 6th generation of the Toyota Hiace is already on sale in the international market. As it is an import, the only colour options that the vehicle might arrive with is white and silver.
There are no direct rivals of the vehicle but still, the closest is Kia Carnival which has a ton of features in and out. The Toyota Hiace has been introduced at ₹55 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
Also, Read: 2021 Kia Carnival Interior Details Revealed