Mahindra backed motorcycle manufacturer ‘Jawa’ has introduced the new 2021 edition of the 42 on 12th February. The motorcycle gets a new tag, ‘Jawa 2.1’. That said, it gets numerous changes all-around and also is distinct from the previous model. The new Jawa 42 is now priced at ₹1.84 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
It was 2018 when we first saw the revival of an iconic motorcycle brand Jawa in India. Jawa 42 was among the first bikes to launch from the company’s arsenal. Additionally, this bike manufacturer has been updating its motorcycles regularly making them better with every update.
What’s new in the 2021 ‘Jawa 42’?
Jawa exclaims that the 2021 update is not just restricted to cosmetics. The new Jawa 2.1 or the 42 gets a lot more.
- Starting with the heart of the motorcycle, this new bike gets an upgraded 293cc liquid-cooled motor, capable of producing 27.33ps of max power and 27.02 Nm of peak torque.
- Transferring the power to the rear wheels is a 6-speed slick-shift gearbox.
- That’s not all, to improve volumetric efficiency, this Jawa 42 is the first motorcycle in the stable to get updated cross port technology.
- Also, the new 2.1 motorcycle boasts better throttle response, power delivery and throatier exhaust note.
- In this new alteration, there are not one but 3 vibrant colour options. With that, we can also customize the two-wheeler from the accessories from the manufacturer.
In terms of aesthetics, the motorcycle gets a couple of additions which include,
- All black alloy wheels with tubeless tyres.
- 3 new colour options
- Chrome delete theme
- Sporty stripes
- and customized wing mirrors.
How does the new Jawa 42 fair with its competition?
This motorcycle comes in the price range that has a lot going for it. Almost all genres of bikes are available at this price. That said, the Jawa lovers will surely have a one-track mind. Others looking for a classic bike should definitely have a look at the Jawa as this is *the* most powerful yet versatile bike at this price.
Speaking of the rivals, this competes with the likes of Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Honda H’ness CB350 and more. 2021 Jawa 42 or Jawa 2.1 is now available at ₹1.84 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
Interesting: 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS Launched In India