The Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV will make its India debut tomorrow. This will make Toyota’s second MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) in India after the Innova Crysta. The Toyota Vellfire will be offered in a single variant, as one fully-loaded model with a petrol-only engine.
The Toyota Vellfire gets a 2.5-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine (115bhp and 198Nm of torque) with two electric motors; a 105kW (140bhp)for the front and a and 50kW (67bhp) for the rear. The Vellfire also get a hybrid AWD (All-Wheel-Drive) technology. For the transmission, the Vellfire MPV uses an e-CVT (Electronic Continuously Variable Transmission) with the primary drive going to the front wheels.
Toyota Vellfire Features
The Toyota Vellfire shares its underpinnings with the Toyota Alphard and is a three-row luxury MPV with features like:
- Electric sliding rear doors
- Powered first and second row (front seats are cooled and heated)
- Touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Miracast
- Rear ceiling screen with HDMI and WiFi
- 17-speaker JBL system and EMV Audio with in-built NAVI
- Multi-zone climate control system.
- Twin sunroof
- Electric outside rearview mirror with heated and memory function
- 16-colour roof ambient illumination
- VIP spotlight with welcome function
- Sunblinds in the second and third row…and more
Customer of this luxurious MPV get to choose between beige or black faux leather upholstery
The Vellfire is an absolutely humongous MPV spanning a length of 5 meters and a wheelbase of 3 meters which is just 450mm short of the full length of a Maruti Suzuki Alto.
The Vellfire gets flared wheel arches for character and rides on stylish 17-inch alloy wheels with a dash of chrome.
In terms of safety, the Vellfire MPV gets parking assist alert (front and rear sonars), panoramic view monitor, up to 7 airbags, vehicle stability control, hill start assist control, brake hold, ABS, EBD, BA, TPMS and vehicle dynamic integrated management.
The Toyota Vellfire will be coming to India via the CBU route (Completely Built-Up Unit). The Vellfire is expected to be priced around Rs 80 lakhs and will rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz V-Class which is the only other luxury MPV on offer in India. The Kia Carnival is a better value for money luxury MPV IOHO.