Want to know how you can upload your Driving License In DigiLocker?
Keeping in touch with the new and revolutionized Digital India, Government of India has now introduced DigiLocker, wherein the State Transport authorities allow you to save your official documents over the Government cloud system. DigiLocker entails a bright future for the future of the country! How does it work? What benefits does it provide? Keep reading to know more!
What exactly is a DigiLocker?
Digi Locker was an initiative taken by the Government of India to eliminate the overall requirement to carry your official documents in physical form, everywhere you go. Upon registering for a DigiLocker, citizens shall be provided with 1GB of cloud storage in order to save all your official documents, including your driving license. Citizens of India can use the platform to upload and share their official documents with registered authorities and agencies in the Indian subcontinent.
What are the benefits of DigiLocker?
A DigiLocker has endless benefits for you!
- You would not have to roam around with your driving license or other important documents everywhere. Your online Digi Locker account will be sufficient!
- There is no further need to remember your driving license number. You can simply use the online account to retrieve all your important information.
- If you are looking forward to applying for any other official document, like your PAN card, you would not have to submit your details in a physical form. The department/official authority can retrieve your official documents and data directly from the data source, reducing the hassle and administrative overhaul.
- On the spot verification of your documents will now be easy, as you can easily retrieve your documents over the platform and avail the benefits of QR scan technology for future purposes.
- Overall need to use more and more physical and manual documents will now come down since everything can be done through cloud storage and portals
How can you upload my driving license in DigiLocker?
In order to use DL for uploading your driving license to the online Data Source,
- you will be required to first visit the official DL website, i.e. digilocker.gov.in
- Sign up as a new user over the platform to register yourself, if you are visiting the site for the first time. Registrations can only be done if you possess an Aadhaar card. If you do not have a valid Aadhar ID, you cannot use the DL facility.
- Once the registration has been completed, you can sign in to the portal and navigate directly to the “issued documents” tab on the left side to proceed further. Once you click on the same, click on “Pull Documents”.
- You will be asked to fill in your Partner’s name, wherein you will be required to fill “Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways, All States”.
- Now select your document type, that being your driving license.
- You will also be asked to enter your necessary details, including your name, your contact details, your driving license number, your date of birth.
- You can proceed further upon filling the necessary information and click on “Get Documents”. Once you click on this tab, the system will fetch your driving license automatically.
- Once fetched, the document will now be saved in your personal DigiLocker and can be used anytime and anywhere in the future.
DigiLocker: Frequently Asked Questions
- Are DigiLocker documents accepted everywhere?
Yes. DigiLockers were introduced by the Government in 2018 to eliminate the need to carry physical versions of your official documents and to make procedures simple and paperless. All your official documents uploaded to your DigiLocker can be accepted by Government authorities, agencies and departments at all times.
- Is the driving license from DigiLocker accepted by Traffic Police?
As per the regulations set out by the Government of India, Traffic Police all across the country will be required to accept Driving License uploaded to your Digi Locker’s cloud storage. This eliminates the need to carry the physical version of your Driving License every single time you drive.
- Is DigiLocker certificate valid?
Yes. DigiLocker certificates and the uploaded documents are legal, as the platform is fully controlled by the Government of India itself. The certificates and documents can be used for all official and non-official purposes.
- Is DigiLocker licence valid in India?
Your DigiLocker license and RC are both valid in India and are directly certified by the Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways. The license can be fetched easily on a real-time basis from the Government database and is fully legal as per the Indian IT Act, 2000.