In a recent social media post German carmaker Volkswagen has finally revealed the interior of one of the soon to launch 2021 Taigun. The production spec of the compact SUV was also revealed last month.
Is there anything different from the previous gen?
- Looking at the post, the new interior get a dual-tone theme and is very similar to the brand’s recent cars.
- We get to see a flat-bottom multi purpose steering wheel, a digital instrument cluster, a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system accompanied with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- We will also get to see features like dual zone climate control, wireless charging, leather upholstery, cooled glove box and many more.
Whats’s unique about the Volkswagen Taigun?
- This compact SUV is based on the new MQB AO IN platform which also underpins the Skoda Kushaq.
- That said, the Kushaq and Taigun will share almost the same dimensions.
- Both the companies also say this platform will also underpin many upcoming vehicles in the Indian market including the new Volkswagen Polo.
What’s under the hood?
- The 2021 Taigun gets two turbo-petrol engines- 1.0-litre TSI motor and 1.5-litre unit.
- Both the units produce 113 BHP / 175 Nm and 148 BHP / 250 Nm respectively.
- Transmission options on the 2021 Volkswagen Taigun include 6-speed manual gearbox as standard. There will also be an option to choose between 6-speed automatic and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic option.