Skoda has finally globally unveiled the new premium SUV, Kodiaq. This time around the new Skoda is much more than just a facelift. It was 2016 when Skoda Kodiaq set foot in the global market. Apart from that, Kodiaq back then was the first car in the Skoda stable to be categorized as a mid-size SUV.
Now in the first quarter of 2021, Skoda is on fire. After the unveiling of India bound Kushaq, the company has now uncovered the Kodiaq. The SUV will sit in the premium mid-size SUV segment and when it comes to India the SUV will be priced upwards of ₹30 Lakhs.
Apart from the obvious cosmetic changes, here is what Skoda Kodiaq will offer its customers.
What Rests Under the Hood?
Popping the hood open, the new Skoda Kushaq will be getting the option of a whole lot of petrol and diesel engines. But a thing to note is that the diesel powertrain will not be part of the Kodiaq for India.
- That said, powring this SUV will be the same 1.5-litre turbo petrol TSI motor that also does duties in Skoda Kushaq.
- This engine is healthy enough to produce 150ps of max power and 250Nm of peak torque.
- For the first time, there also is a vRS Kodiaq that will be getting a supreme 2.0-litre TSI engine generating 242hp of max power.
- No diesel, but still, in the global market, the Kodiaq will be getting a 2.0-turbo diesel engine with an option of AWD. Talking diesel, there are two options a 150ps and 200ps model.
- All the engines will get an option of an automatic transmission with no option of a manual gearbox.
What Is On the Inside?
Continuing Skoda’s current theme, the conventional Kodiaq gets a 2 spoke steering wheel.
- But a 3 spoke steering is restricted to only the sporty VRS model.
- Additionally, the SUV gets a 9.2-inch infotainment system with wirelessly connected car tech.
- Massaging and heated front seats
- LED ambient lighting
- Premium Canton 10speaker sound system
- 10.25-inch instrument cluster that shows a whole lot of features
- Also, like the previous model, Kodiaq also gets some degree of ADAS features.
Are There Any Rivals?
Well, to begin with, the price at which the Skoda Kodiaq is expected to be around ₹30-₹40 lakhs. Hence Hyundai Tuscon is the prime rival of this SUV. But not to forget, at this price, Kodiaq has to surpass the likes of Toyota Fortuner, MG Gloster, Ford Endeavour and more.
As of now, there are no speculations of when this car will be launching in India. But we can expect this vehicle to come somewhere in Q2 of 2021. This is because Skoda has 2 other vehicles to lunch, Kushaq which is expected to come in this month. And the most awaited B-segment sedan Octavia.
Additionally, Skoda Kodiaq may come in 3 variants namely, vRS, L&K and Sportline.
Interesting: 10 Most Googled Questions On The Skoda Kushaq
Let us know in the comment section, what do you think of this SUV, is it enough to pull more customers into Skoda showrooms?