The Skoda Octavia is one of the most sought after premium sedans currently in the market. Refreshed back in 2017, the Octavia was given a modern revamp that helped it retain its dominance against key rivals. Tasting massive success, the company then announced the launch of the 4th generation Skoda Octavia in 2020; a plan that was totally stalled due to the COVID Pandemic.
But now that the country is getting back on its feet, the Czech automaker has finally decided to push the 4th Generation Octavia in the market. And if you are someone who is eyeing the 4th Generation Skoda Octavia, here’s how it’ll be different from its predecessor.
- Talking about the looks, the 4th Generation Skoda Octavia will carry a much sharper design in comparison to the 2017 model.
- The previously seen split type headlamps have been ditched in favour of a sharper, sleeker and more aggressive set-up that is a single LED adaptive unit.
- The new headlamps will also feature L-shaped LED strips that will separate the two LED headlight modules.
- Other changes include the Czech Automaker’s classic butterfly grille and C-motif tail lamps with crystal-like detailing.
- The side profile remains largely unchanged with only a subtle change in the shoulder line, which is now more prominent than the outgoing model.
- Other than that dynamic turn indicators also make their way onboard the new Octavia.
- Much like the exteriors, the interiors too see an evolution.
- Step inside and you’ll feel a much greater sense of detail and luxury.
- The automaker has put in serious efforts to make the cabin more posh and upmarket.
- The traditionally placed screen onboard the outgoing model has been replaced with a new floating infotainment system that does away with most of the knobs on the centre console since all key functions can be accessed through the display itself.
- The digital driver’s display (10.25 inch) ups the style quotient; while Octavia’s new two-spoke steering wheel with shiny metal knobs tops off the design game.
The Powertrain and Transmission
- Thanks to stringent BS6 norms, the 2021 Skoda Octavia will be a petrol-only offering.
- Yep, you read that right. The Octavia will ditch its 2.0 litre TDI diesel engine.
- But that’s not all; along with the diesel unit, the Octavia will also ditch both the 1.4 and 1.8-litre TSI Petrol engines that featured on the 2017 Octavia.
- But don’t be disheartened. In place of the 1.4 and 1.8-litre TSI units, the new-generation Octavia will feature a more powerful 2.0-litre TSI Petrol engine that produces 190 PS of power and 320 NM of torque.
- The 2.0-litre beast will be mated only to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission with no manual on offer. Nonetheless, the new Octavia will be lighter and faster than ever before.
A New Trim for the Future?
- Skoda has also recently revealed its Sports Line Trim for the Skoda Octavia 2021.
- As per reports, the Sports Line trim will be positioned between the vehicle’s Style and RS variants.
- As for the key highlights, the mid-spec trim has been given a refreshed look and an updated cabin with many features on offer.
- It will offer a choice of petrol, diesel as well as CNG powertrains.
- Though it is unlikely for Skoda to launch the Sports Line along with the 2021 Skoda Octavia, we do expect the Sports Line trim to arrive sooner or later.
- Stay tuned to the Go Mechanic blog to know all about the new Sports Line Trim.