MG is all to feature an all-new 2.0-litre diesel engine in there new MG Maxus D90 SUV. The engine has been developed by MG’s parent company SAIC. Rumour also has it that MG could replace the existing Hector’s FCA-sourced diesel later.
MG Motor has made already made a name for itself with its first offering the MG Hector and now it seems that MG is all gearing up to unveil a flurry of new products for the Indian market. Much recently MG has revealed its first-ever all-electric compact SUV the MG ZS EV and a 6-seater variant of the Hector and as reported by GoMechanic that the company is also working rigorously on bringing the MG Maxus D90 to the Indian shores.
Read More: All-New MG Hector Likely To Be Renamed
There’s More: 6-Seater MG Hector | Coming Soon
- The MG Maxus D90 SUV turns out to be a flagship model offered by the Chinese Utility vehicle manufacturer Maxus, which is a subsidiary of MG’s parent company SAIC and is sold under the LDV brand name in the international markets.
- Leading media reports suggest that SAIC new diesel powertrain will get featured in the facelifted version of the MG Hector due to make its debut in our market by 2022. This might give the Hector an upper hand in terms of size in the SUV segment.
- However, on the other hand, the MG Maxus D90 is available in the international markets and features a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine capable of pushing the power to a maximum reach of 224hp and 360Nm of torque.
- With its launch, the MG Maxus will be sold under the MG brand name, We can expect the MG Maxus to come with an estimated price between Rs 27-35 lakh (ex-showroom). The MG Maxus D90 will aggressively rival the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Isuzu MU-X.
- If compared to the current line up of the BS4 fuelled body-frame SUV’s, the MG Maxus D90 will feature a much stronger engine line-up compliant to the BS6 emission norms.