Looks like the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour finally have a worthy opponent; The MG Maxus D90. The D90 is Maxus-based urban bred SUV. Maxus is a brand owned by MG Motor (India) parent Chinese company SAIC. The D90 was spotted for the first time being road-tested in India.
MG Maxus D90 | Fortuner Endeavour Rival
- The Maxus D90 will reportedly arrive on India shore anytime in the last quarter of 2020. The D90 will be a direct competitor to the segment-dominator Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Mahindra Alturas G4.
- The MG Maxus D90 features 3-row seating capacity and will be placed above the MG Hector. The Hector itself is a 7-seater SUV.
- The dimensions of this SUV measure at 5,005mm in length, 1,932mm in width, 1,875mm in height with a wheelbase of 2,950mm.
You May Like: Haval H6: The MG Hector Rival Unveiled
- For the engine, MG is using a 2.0-litre petrol engine which produces 224hp of power and 360Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel engine (the same unit as on the MG Hector).
- These two engines will be mated to a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter assisted gearbox. The India-bound D90 is expected to get AWD (all-wheel-drive) with a low-range transfer box and multiple driving modes.
- The cabin of the MG D90 SUV will feature a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with an 8.0-inch digital instrument dash. Additional features include three-zone climate control, ventilated seats, a panoramic sunroof and a 360-degree camera.
- When launched in India, the MG Maxus D90 will compete against the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Mahindra Alturas G4, Volkswagen Tiguan and be priced in the range of Rs.25 to Rs.30 lakhs.