It seems like Volkswagen is finally bringing the Tiguan Allspace SUV in India. The Allspace is the longer wheelbase version of the standard Tiguan. Reports are that Volkswagen might all together replace the standard Tiguan with the Allspace SUV.
Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace SUV | Highlights
- The Volkswagen Tiguan was launched in India as VW’s first foray in the SUV market in India. However, upon its launch, the Tiguan failed to make a mark in the segment and with a price bracket of almost ₹28 lakhs, was just unreasonable for a five-seater.
- Volkswagen is now launching the revamped Tiguan Allspace in the hopes to claim the budding SUV market in India. The Tiguan Allspace is expected to make its debut in the 2020 Auto Expo.
- The Tiguan Allspace is an exact lookalike of the standard Tiguan both from the inside and the outside.
- The car also uses the same features as the standard Tiguan SUV like a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, cruise control, dual-zone climate control, powered front seats, multiple terrain modes and a panoramic sunroof.
- Safety features on the Tiguan Allspace include a 360-degree camera, lane departure warning, park assist, blind-spot detection, ABS with EBD and 6 airbags.
- The Tiguan Allspace measures 4701 meters in length with a wheelbase of 2787 meters and with that extra row of seats, the boot space has gone down significantly.
- For the engine, Volkswagen provides two options; a 1.5-litre TSI and a 2.0-litre TDI engine. This engine specification is UK-specific only.
- The 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine produces 150 PS and 250 NM of torque.
- The 2.0-litre TDI turbocharged diesel comes in three different states of tune; 150PS/340Nm, 190PS/400Nm and 240PS/500Nm.
- For the Indian market, VW might use the 2.0-litre TDI engine in either the 150PS or 190PS state of tune.
- The engine comes mated to a 7-speed DSG with VW’s 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system.
- The Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace will be priced higher than the standard Tiguan at around ₹28.15.
- The Tiguan Allspace SUV will compete with the likes of Skoda Kodiaq, Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and Mahindra Alturas G4.
You May Like: Volkswagen T-Roc SUV To Launch At The Auto Expo 2020