Recent reports reveal that the Volkswagen Group will be showcasing a range of SUVs at the upcoming Auto Expo 2019. The line-up will include the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace LWB, Volkswagen T-Cross and the Volkswagen T-Roc.
Volkswagen T-Roc | Highlights
- The Volkswagen T-Roc will be showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and will be officially launched by June of 2020.
- Volkswagen is aiming at competitively pricing the T-Roc by heavily localising the parts and components. Moreover, the T-Roc will share many of its components with another upcoming SUV by Škoda (launch by 2020).
- The T-Roc will be brought in India as a CBU (completely built-up unit) and the SUV will be brought in India taking advantage of a new scheme by the government that allows importing 2,500 units without local homologation.
- The global version of the T-Roc comes with 3 petrol engine options: 1.0L TSI, 1.5L TSI and a 2.0L TSI.
- The India-bound T-Roc, however, will get a 1.5L turbocharged TSI BS6 compliant engine mated to a 7-speed DSG.
- Volkswagen is planning to offer only a single variant of the T-Roc.
- The T-Roc will measure 4234 mm in length, 1819 mm in width and 1573 mm in height with a wheelbase of 2603 mm. The T-Roc will offer a boot capacity of 445 litres (1300 with the rear seats folded up).
- The Volkswagen T-Roc is expected to be priced in the range of 18 to 19 lakhs (ex-showroom).