Ford has an uncertain future in India which led to the creation of the Mahindra-Ford joint venture. But, Ford has managed to pull off something very surprising. Over 700 units of the Ford Endeavour has been sold in the last month of October.
Ford Endeavour Sell 700 Units In October 2019 | Insights
On one side, Ford recorded a sale of 700 units of the Endeavour this month. Toyota, on the other hand, saw a drop in the sales of Endeavour’s arch-nemesis; the Fortuner.
The Ford Endeavour saw a Y-O-Y (year-on-year) growth of 24% in October 2019 compared to only 565 sold in October 2018 last year. The Toyota Fortuner sold 1,302 vehicles in October 2019 which is a decline of 29%.
The Alturas G4 by Mahindra also performed well the previous month selling 101 units in October 2019. Unfortunately, the numbers are great compared to the Fortuner and the Endeavour.
October 2019 New Car Sales Report
|Car Make & Model||Total Units Sold (October 2019)|
|Mahindra Alturas G4||101|
- The Ford Endeavour is offered with two engine options: a 2.2-litre and a 3.2-litre diesel engine.
- The 2.2-litre diesel makes 160 PS and 385 Nm peak torque mated to either a6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed auto.
- The 3.2-litre diesel engine produces 200 PS of power and a mammoth 470 Nm of torque and only comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- The Ford Endeavour is currently in its third generation in India. The Endeavour is also known as the Everest in the international market.
- Feature-wise, the Endeavour gets Ford’s SYNC3 touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, push-button start/stop, first in segment hands-free parking, active noise cancelling, a panoramic sunroof, semi-digital instrument cluster and 7 airbags (top variant only).
- The Ford Endeavour has a starting price of Rs. 28.20 lakh (ex-showroom) for the 4×2 MT and goes up to Rs 33.70 lakh (ex-showroom) for the top-end 4×4 variant.