As reported by GoMechanic on 2020 Škoda Superb Spied Ahead Its Global Debut and we have confirmed reports that the all-new 2020 Škoda superb will make its entry on the Indian in May 2020. Škoda Superb facelift was launched internationally earlier in 2019.
Read More: 2020 Škoda Octavia Secures 5-Star In Euro NACP Crash Test
- The Volkswagen Group made a decision to upline petrol and electrified engines once the BS6 emission norms come into play. The Škoda Superb facelift is expected to be launched with petrol variant option only.
- The VW group recently launched Audi A6 with 2.0-litre petrol Turbo Fuel Stratified Ignition (TFSI).
- The international version of Škoda Superb boasts 2.0-litre engine. Indian markets may get a slightly less powerful engine and may come in Front Wheel Drive (FWD) layout.
- This engine is expected to deliver 190PS between 4,200 and 6,000rpm, max torque is 320Nm from 1,500 to 4,100rpm. This 1,984cc engine will be paired with a Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT).
- And for the visual department, the facelifted Škoda Superb has got more chrome studded butterfly grille. The full matrix LED headlamps with a slender design complements the bold yet bewitching Škoda design.
- The Škoda branding gets its inspiration from the Škoda Scala and the tail lamps are now detailed.
- The distinguishing feature is the lean chrome strip running through the entire length of rear, cutting through the lights which house the sequential turn indicators.
- The rear bumper has a new grey insert. The side profile remains the same with just minor upgrades to the fenders and doors which have chrome badging now.
- On the inside, the superb features a virtual cockpit instrument cluster, VW’s latest infotainment offering.
- The expected price will be nearly 10% higher than the current offering which seems to justify with the major tweaks being offered in the new facelifted 2020 Skoda superb.
[…] Scoop! 2020 Škoda Superb To Feature a 2.0 TSI, To launch in May 2020 […]