The American carmaker, Jeep unveiled the new 2021 facelifted Compass in the first week 2021. And today, the manufacturer has finally launched the vehicle in the Indian market. A thing to boast is that India is the second market where Jeep has launched its new facelifted Compass. Jumping straight into the important bit, the new 2021 Jeep Compass starts at ₹16.99 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
2021 Jeep Compass Prices
|Sport 1.4MAIR MT||₹16.99 Lakhs|
|Longitude (O) 2.0D MT||₹20.49 Lakhs|
|Limited (O) 2.0D MT||₹22.49 Lakhs|
|Model S (01) 2.0D MT||₹24.49 Lakhs|
|Limited 80th Anniversary 2.0D MT||₹22.96 Lakhs|
Are there any updates in The 2021 Jeep Compass?
This is what has changed on the outside:
- Well, the basic structure remains unchanged with changes ranging from new paint schemes, and all-LED headlights.
- Moving to the sides, we may witness newly redesigned alloy wheels.
- The SUV receives a redesigned front grille with signature JEEP vertical slats. Also, the actual air intake sits under the slotted so-called grille.
- The new faux grille houses the front camera that protrudes from the centre ensuring that the new Compass now has a 360-degree camera.
- Stepping in the cabin is where we can witness a totally different world.
- Grabbing your eyeballs is the 10″ instrument cluster that shows almost all the information the driver requires.
- Additionally, the new Jeep gets a bigger 10.1″ HD screen in the centre console to entertain the occupants.
- Additionally, the New steering wheel gives the right amount of elegance along with a tough appeal.
To know all the updates, refer here.
What Sleeps Under The Hood?
The thing that has no change, is the powertrain and the drivetrain. Like the previous Jeep Compass, this SUV comes powered by 2 engine options a diesel and a petrol engine.
- It is a 2.0-litre Multi-jet turbo diesel engine known for producing a healthy 173ps of max power and 350Nm of peak torque. This engine comes mated to either a 6-speed MT or a 6-speed AT which is a torque converter. A 9-speed AT is on offer for the 4X4 variant. Also, it is the diesel that gets the option of a 4X4 drivetrain.
- Comping to the more refined motor, a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine powers the vehicle that generates a meaty 166ps of max power and the torque output sits at 250Nm. You can choose from two transmission options, a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DCT. Sadly there are no options for a petrol 4X4.
What the new 2021 Jeep Compass Rivals?
Considering the prices, which are on the higher side when keeping size into consideration. But sometimes it’s more than just price. Talking about which, the new Jeep Compass starts at ₹16.99 Lakhs for the base variant and goes up to ₹24.49 Lakhs for the Model S. The right rival for this SUV is the Volkswagen T-Roc and the Skoda Karoq.