So, If you were eager to know when was the all-new 2021 Skoda Octavia was scheduled for launch? then Zac Hollis- Director – Sales, Service & Marketing at ŠKODA AUTO India has confirmed that the brand will be launching the 2021 Octavia in the next couple of months.
The new 2021 Skoda has been spotted testing on Indian roads many times. However, it is also speculated that the next-gen Octavia will only be offered in its petrol form.
What about power?
- Under its hood the new Octavia is rumoured to feature 2.0-litre turbo-petrol motor capable of generating 190PS.
- The same engine does the job on the recently launched Skoda Superb facelift.
- We can also expect a smaller 1.5-litre turbo engine good enough to do 150PS.
Is there anything new on the in terms of styling and features?
- In terms f styling, the new Octavia will look more sleek and dynamic compared to the previous generation.
- With the new 2021 facelift we will get to see a new pair of LED split headlamps setup whit a newly designed butterfly grille.
- Skoda will also offer a sleeker and much more appealing LED fog lamp setup.
- On the inside, the 2021 Skoda will boast a floating touchscreen infotainment system.
- Rumours also suggest that Skoda has removed all the knobs and buttons and everything will be controlled via the Infotanment system.
- It will also feature a 12 inch fully digital instrument cluster.
What about price and rivals?
- When launched the next-gen Octavia will rival the likes of its sole rival- Hyundai Elantra.
- As far as the pricing is concerned we can expect it to be priced between Rs. 20-27 lakhs.