The Tata Altroz, one of the most powerful and safest hatchbacks of India. Since its launch in 2020, the Altroz has been selling like hotcakes. Tata recently introduced the turbo-petrol variant of the Altroz, making it the most powerful yet the safest hatchbacks of all times.
And now Tata has silently upgraded the safest turbocharged hatchback of India. The all-new 2021 Tata Altroz has also started to reach dealerships. So, without wasting any more time let’s get into what’s new on the 2021 Tata Altroz.
What are the new upgrades?
- On the new 2021 iteration, Tata has replaced all the physical knobs and buttons on the centre console with the ‘ALTROZ” badging in chrome.
- Just like Tata did with the Nexon sub-compact SUV last month.
- Additionally, the infotainment system also gets ‘Harman’ badging on top.
- All the new updates will be available on and above the XT variant which consists of a touchscreen infotainment system.
- Apart from these minor updates, everything remains unchanged.
Anything new on the mechanical front?
- The hatchback comes with two engine options: 1.2-litre Revotron Petrol and 1.5-litre turbocharged Revotorq Diesel engines.
- The petrol variant will churn out 85hp of power and 113Nm of torque. The diesel one will be oozing out 89hp of power and a 200Nm torque.
- It should be noted that both of the engines will be BS6-compliant.
- Whereas the i-Turbo gets a 1.2-litre MPI 3 cylinder petrol engine. But don’t get too excited as this engine is heavily detuned.
- The motor is capable of producing 110ps of max power and produces a peak torque of 140Nm.
- Considering the size and the weight, it is claimed that Altroz can do a sprint from 0-100 in around 11.8 seconds. It’s normal, nothing to boast about it.