So, after Ford abruptly broke up with its long time partner Mahindra, The American automobile pioneer has already started working on some new ideas as Ford has recently filed for a couple of new patents.
These patents include a new system that enables the camera to detect any nearby billboards and display the advertisement via your infotainment system.
How does it work?
- Once the camera on your car detects a designated billboard, it sends a notification on your infotainment system.
- The driver then has the option to view the contents captured via the billboard.
How is it helpful?
- Well, if a person wishes to know more about a designated product or service being advertised.
- However, You might have to pay an extra amount to avail this service.
- It is also speculated that Ford is already in talks with many billboard firms and advertising firms for suggestion on how to improve the given strategy as this would help Ford understand the customers need.
- Additionally, We can also expect Ford to roll out an additional pop-up ads-free package for a handful of new vehicle owners.
- Reports also suggest that this feature will be launched by the end of 2021. However, there is no report which confirms that whether Ford will have this feature for its India line-up or not.
- Currently, Ford’s India lineup consists of EcoSport, Freestyle, Figo, Endeavour and the Ford Aspire.
- Moreover, certain media reports also suggest might introduce this feature in India with a new car in its line-up.