Have you ever seen a beast go mad? Here is a video of the soon to launch 2021 Mahindra Scorpio being tested on the sandy dunes of Rajasthan.
Its been almost more than a year since Mahindra started testing its new super SUV which is slated to launch either by the end 0f 2021 or early 2022. The video in question is quite old and was posted by rajasthanmotorsports on March 19th of this year.
There have been quite a few instances when the new age Scorpio has been spotted testing under various weather and road condition with this being one of them.
A few days back another test mule was spotted which revealed how the interior of this beast would look accompanied by some other details.
What’s under the hood?
- Talking about the power the 2021 Mahindra Scorpio will offer a 2.2-litre mHawk turbo diesel and a 2.0-litre mstallion direct-injection turbo-petrol engine.
- Both the units will come mated to a six-speed manual along with a six-speed automatic torque converter transmission.
What’s on the feature end?
According to a top-end test mule spied testing, here are some of the features.
- Starting with the first image in which it is clearly visible that the new Scorpio will get a flat bottom multifunctional steering wheel, a digital instrument cluster, massive infotainment, cruise control, vertical AC vents and what looks to be a wireless charging pad just beneath the automatic climate control.
- The spied variant also looks to be the automatic variant.
- That’s not all, we will also get to see a sunroof on the new 7-seater by Mahindra.
- On the outside, the Mahindra Scorpio features a newly designed front grille, a new LED setup, a massive hood and a spoke alloy with MRF wanderer tyres.
India Launch and Rivals?
- Well, as stated earlier the next-gen Mahindra Scorpio was earlier scheduled to launch in the middle of 202.
- However, due to the second wave of the COVID-19, the launch has now been postponed to the end of 2021.
- With its launch, the new Scorpio will rival the likes of the Tata Safari, MG Hector Plus and the soon to launch Hyundai Alcazar.
- Compared to the current-gen, the new 2021 iteration will get an array of premium features making it slightly costlier than the outgoing gen.