It seems that French carmaker Renault has finally come to its senses. After the immense success of the Renault Kiger, the brand is planning upon unleashing the big guns.
According to a leading media report, Renault has recently filed a patent design patent for the next-gen Renault Duster in India.
Since its launch in 2012, the Renault Duster has somewhat become the French carmaker’s identity. The second-gen Duster is already on sale in International markets since 2017 and has been going tremendously well.
The last refreshed version of the Duster was introduced back in 2019 which was based on the brand’s M0 platform.
Being one of the most refined mid-sized SUVs the overall sales of the Renault Duster did take a plunge after the launch of its more affordable rivals like the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier and the Kia Seltos.
With the launch of the second-gen Duster Renault hopes to revive the sales of its only mid-size SUV in India, Duster. It was recently that Renault also gave us a glimpse of the 7-seater version of the mid-size SUV, The Grand Duster which is also reported to be in the pipeline but that too is reserved for International markets as of now!
What else do we know about the Next-gen Duster?
- It is expected to be based on the Dacia Bigster concept.
- The Bigster concept is also based on the brand’s new global architecture.
- The French carmaker also plans upon introducing almost 14 new cars in the International market by 2025.
- It is also likely to receive a price cut and will now come at a much more affordable price.
- On the mechanical front, we can also expect a revised or tuned turbo-petrol engine which will help the new age Duster to compete with its rivals.
- Although Renault still hasn’t spilt the beans but, word has already spread that the new Duster will boast a plethora of first in segment features, which are still unknown.