Korean automobile manufacturer Hyundai was all set to unveil its most awaited product Hyundai i20 2020, in March at the 2020 Geneva International Motor Show, which has now been postponed until further notice due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic and just like every other major carmaker, Hyundai has also left with no choice but to unveil it in an online event which might take place sometime this month.
Several recent media reports also suggested that the all-new Hyundai i20 2020 will hit the roads by the second half of 2020, but now things seem to have gone the other way around as it could take a bit longer for things to settle. It was pretty evident that the Korean carmaker was rigorously working on the new i20 as it was seen many times being tested on Indian soil, and recently, an undisguised version of the same was spotted testing but this time, it was somewhere in China in a new ravishing sporty white colour.
Hyundai i20 2020 | Engine Specification
|1.0L Turbocharged Petrol||118 bhp||7-speed DCT|
|1.5L Turbocharged Diesel||99 bhp||6MT/AT|
|1.2L Naturally-Aspirated Petrol||82 bhp||6MT/AT|
Features On the Inside
- On the Inside, we will get to see a four-spoke, leather-wrapped steering wheel that looks very similar to the recently launched Hyundai Creta. The car also gets steering-mounted audio and cruise control. Moving further, we see that the new i20 has a fully digital instrument cluster with a 10.25-inch display. The display looks like it changes colour according to the drive modes.
- The new i20 will get 3 driving modes; Normal, Eco and Sport. The digital dashboard will light up Blue in Normal mode, Green in Eco (Economy) mode and Orange in Sport mode. In the middle, the i20 gets an integrated 10.25-inch infotainment touchscreen compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The new i20 also gets a bonkers Bose music system, and the iconic Hyundai BlueLink connect.
- Keeping aside the connectivity features on this Hyundai crosshatch. It also boasts top-of-the-line premium features such as a wireless charging pad, multiple USB ports, a 12V charging socket, front-seat ventilation, various drive modes, and LED ambient lighting for the door bins and footwell.
Features on the Outside
- On the outside, the new Hyundai i20 2020 features a blacked-out cascading grille and sharp-looking headlamps with LED DRLs surrounding the housing. The bumper has also been redesigned to look more aggressive.
- This will surely bring in young buyers, and as seen in these spied images, the new i20 will also ditch its century-old ‘elite’ branding, which might get you thinking that Hyundai might give a new name to this.
Hyundai i20 2020 | Safety Features
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Brake assist
- Rear parking sensors
- Speed alert
- Seat belt reminders
- Navigation-based cruise control
- Blind-spot Collision-avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Rear Cross-traffic Collision Assist (RCCA)
- Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist–Reverse (PCA-R)
- Parking Assist (PA)
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Leading Vehicle Departure Alert (LDVA)
Hyundai i20 2020 | Price & Rivals
- With its launch, the new 2020 Hyundai i20 will rival the likes of the Honda Jazz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Tata Altroz and Tata Tiago.
- On that note, we can also expect the new i20 to be competitively priced in the range of ₹7.74 lakh to ₹9.93 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Image Source- Palisade Owners Club Korea