Tata Motors has been caught testing the all-new 2020 Tata Tiago doing rounds on Indian roads. The Tiago is an entry-level hatchback which was launched back in 2016. It was initially known as the Tata Zica, but the name was later changed to Tiago as Zica sounded very similar to the Zika virus.
2020 Tata Tiago | Highlights
- On-the face, the camouflaged pictures reveal that the 2020 Tata Tiago will be getting a complete front and back make-over.
- The 2020 Tiago will look a lot like the upcoming Tata Altroz that will be making its debut at the Auto Expo 2020.
- The 2020 Tiago will get all-new headlamps, DRLs and a set of LED taillamps. Other profiles of the car seem very similar and no significant changes have been spotted.
- Interior-wise, the 2020 Tiago will get a refreshed cabin with leatherette upholstery with a lot of soft-touch material used on the trims and panels. The Tiago will also feature new alloy wheels.
- For the engine, the 2020 Tata Tiago will be using the same 1.2-litre, four-cylinder Revotron petrol engine, except it, will be tuned to comply with the upcoming BS6 emission norms.
- The 1.2-litre engine produces 84 bhp with 114 nm of torque mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- Moreover, Tata has decided to shelve the 1.05-litre turbocharged diesel Revotorq engine due to the high cost of BS6 up-gradation.
- The new Tata Tiago is expected to launch by the end of the year 2019 with a significant bump in the price.
- The 2020 Tata Tiago will be priced in the range of ₹4.40 lakh to ₹6.37 lakh (petrol ex-showroom Delhi). The Tiago compete against the like of the Hyundai Santro and the Maruti Suzuki WagonR.
Exclusive: Tata Buzzard | The 7-Seater Harrier0