Hyundai created a wave in the compact SUV market with the Hyundai Venue. Now Hyundai is gearing up to take on the MPV segment in India. Hyundai is developing an MPV that will rival the likes of the Ertiga and might even give the legendary Toyota Innova a run for its money.
New Hyundai MPV | Highlights
- The Hyundai Concept MPV is reportedly named the HND-7 and is expected to launch sometime in 2021. Incidentally, Kia is also launching an MPV in the same time frame.
- The Hyundai MPV will be based on the modified version of the next-gen Creta with stretched dimensions and a new front and rear track.
- Hyundai’s plans to offer class-leading knee and headroom, with flexible seating option to accommodate upto 7-8 passengers.
- For the engine, Hyundai is looking into the 1.5-litre petrol and a turbo diesel-engine which powers the KIA Seltos and will also feature in the next-gen Creta.
- The transmission options could include a 6-speed manual gearbox as standard on both the engine. Although the petrol variant could feature a CVT option with the diesel getting a 6-speed automatic with torque converter.
- HMIL’s Managing director and CEO, SS Kim confirmed that several studies were being conducted to address the changes in the market and analyse the needs of new potential customers.
- The Hyundai MPV is speculated to be priced between ₹8 lakh to ₹12 lakh (ex-showroom). Sources also claim that the HND-7 will be priced below KIA’s MPV Carnival.
You May Like 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza | What To Expect0