We get the first look at the Raize; Toyota’s first sub-4 meter SUV in India. The Toyota Raize is set to debut at the world premiere in November 2019. GoMechanic earlier reported the projected launch of the Toyota Raize (Rise) in November.
Posted Earlier Toyota Rise (Raize) Compact SUV To Launch In November
Toyota Raize Compact SUV | Highlights
- The new Toyota Raize shares a lot of components from the Daihatsu Rocky SUV which made its debut at the Tokyo Motor Show 2019.
- The Raize SUV is based on the Toyota New Global Architecture or TNGA for short.
- The most prominent change to the notice is the typical Toyota front grille with mesh inserts. The front bumper gets integrated fog lamps with LED DRLs.
- The Toyota Raize might get LED headlamps and are very similar to the Daihatsu Rocky. Another similarity to the Rocky is the 17inch diamond cut alloy wheels.
- Interior-wise, the Raize compact SUV will get a driver-centric central console with brushed aluminium inserts for the AC vents.
- Additionally, the car will also come with a floating dashboard integrated with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with steering controls.
- The dimensions for the Raize SUV hasn’t been confirmed yet, however, we speculate that it will share the same dimensions as the Daihatsu Rocky which measures; 3,995mm in length, 1,695mm in height, 1,620mm in width, with s a wheelbase of 2,525mm.
- The Raize will get a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, turbo-petrol engine that produces 98 bhp of power and 140 nm of torque. The engine will be BS6 compliant.
- Toyota will be offering additional accessories and a TRD (Toyota Racing Division) variant of the Raize SUV.
- Toyota will offer two choices for the transmission; a CVT automatic and a 6-speed manual.
- The Toyota Raize will compete with segment rivals like the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport and Mahindra XUV300.