The Maruti Suzuki joint-venture is planning a Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos killing SUV. The compact SUV is due for its debut by the year 2022 with Toyota which has recently unveiled its first compact SUV; the Toyota Raise whereas, the 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is in pipeline.
You may also like: Maruti Suzuki Still At The Top | Car Sales Report | September 2019
- 2018 has seen massive growth in the mid-sized SUV segment and with that said more and more manufacturers are setting their eye on the production and sales of new products to attract sales and customers.
- In recent years many carmakers have tried to establish their mark in the mid-size segment but have failed to do. With the C-MPV segment being targeted by other brands including Ford and Mahindra it will be interesting to see how the Maruti Suzuki SUV does in the market.
- The new Maruti Toyota SUV will be a mid-sized SUV based on Maruti’s already existing global C-platform which underpins the upcoming Vitara Brezza as well.
- Reports also claim that the Maruti-Toyota ventured mid-size SUV will be produced at Toyota’s Bidadi plant in Karnataka.
- Additionally, Maruti Suzuki is also aiming to expand its reach beyond the ₹10 lakh space with the introduction of its brand to model to rival the Hyundai Creta.
- Although the C-segment category has already been targeted by other major carmakers like Mahindra and Ford.
- Speculations also suggest that Maruti Suzuki will continue to supply their mid-size SUV and MPV’s which includes the Ertiga, Ciaz and Vitara Brezza to Toyota for rebadging as seen with Toyota Glanza.
- It was only last month when Maruti Suzuki had announced its 1 million milestones at Nexa dealership in its four-year journey. it could be that the mid-sized SUV will be sold through the Nexa dealership network in order to maintain their upmarket status.
- However, It is still to be defined that how Maruti Toyota will position their new mid-sized SUV which will rival the ever-shining KIA Seltos.