Jeep Compass is the vehicle that offers the perfect blend of luxury with the capability of going anywhere. So, after a long wait Jeep is finally unveiling facelift of the most affordable Jeep, the Compass. The company added, that they’ll be introducing the updated Compass on 7th January 2021.
What powers the Jeep Compass Facelift?
Recently, the 2021 Jeep Compass facelift in the international market got a set of new engines. But sadly this is not the case with the one in our domestic markets.
- Powering the little beast will be two engine options same as the current Compass i.e 1.4-turbo petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel.
- Diesel one being more powerful that produces 173ps of max power and a whopping 350Nm of peak torque.
- The other a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine that is good enough to produce 163ps of tremendous power and 250Nm of peak torque.
- For you to know, like the current model, the facelift will also get an option of a 6-speed MT with a DCT in petrol and a torque converter for the diesel.
- The fun part is, the diesel variant will also get a 4X4 drivetrain.
What are the updates on the new Jeep Compass?
- In the new facelift, Jeep Compass sports a re-designed front with all LED headlight as an addition.
- Additionally, Compass also boasts of a new traditional jeep grille with a new bumper.
- Moving to the side, the new alloys wheels is the point of attraction.
- Even the fog lights also see a drastic change as now they’ve been LED treatment.
It is the interior that gets the majority of updates.
- Starting with the thing that’ll grab the most attention, the 10.1″ infotainment system.
- Also, the dash will have an overhaul with redesigned AC vents and their controls.
- The updated infotainment system will also support OTA (Over-the-Air Updates), wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Also, it boasts of Amazon Alexa Support.
- A new all-digital instrument cluster may also be the selling point to consider this vehicle.
Will the Jeep compass become expensive?
To begin with, because of all the changes the SUV will settle for a little more than the current model. Speaking of numbers, Jeep Compass starts from ₹ 16.51 Lakhs which is for the entry-level variant. The top-end model will cost 27.6 lakhs (ex-showroom). Considering the price point the Jeep Compass sits beside, the Volkswagen T-Roc, Hyundai Tuscon, and Skoda Karoq.
Check out the Top 10 Most Googled Questions About Tata Altroz
Source: Autocar India