The Korean carmaker revealed its first-ever offering in India earlier this year. Seltos proved to be a great start for Kia as the SUV received an overwhelming response from the Indian audience. Now Kia Motors has begun working on an all-electric Seltos SUV which may be revealed in a few months.
More From Kia! Kia Carnival Now Listed On Official Website!
- The Seltos EV once revealed will be offered with the petrol and diesel versions globally. The under-development model has been codenamed SP2 EV and is being tested on roads globally.
- The Seltos EV can be expected to have design trims as that of the current Seltos. Some minor styling modifications which can be seen on the other Kia EV’s like Niro and Soul.
Taking Steps Towards Cleaner Future! Why Hyundai Kona EV Is Loved By Government Officials
- The electric drivetrain of the Seltos EV can be expected to be same as found in the Kia Soul and Hyundai Kona EV. Technically speaking, the motor can be a 205hp unit and may be powered by 64Kwh battery pack.
- Being larger in dimensions than the Soul and Kona EV, Seltos EV can be expected to have less travel range which can be nearly 400kms on a full charge.
- Kia can be expected to launch the Seltos EV to the Asian market due to increasing demands of electric vehicles. The production of the Seltos EV may be starting from the August 2020 though nothing official has been said about the launch and production.
- The Kia Seltos EV will rival against MG ZS EV, Hyundai Kona EV and Tata Nexon EV which have already been launched in India. To get a better share of the market, Kia will have to launch the EV as soon as possible as the audience is already being offered with a variety of options.
- Kia Seltos, due to huge demand in India has already got a huge delivery backlog. It will be interesting to see what happens next. Kia QYI and Carnival are also scheduled to be launched at the Auto Expo 2020.
Check this out! Kia QYI Sub-Compact SUV Spied Testing in Delhi