It’s time for EV’s to rule the road as another Indian carmaker is set to launch its first new-age EV, The Mahindra KUV100 EV.
A production-spec test mule of the KUV100 EV has been spied undisguised in Indian roads. looking at the test mule the production-spec looks quite like its combustion engine cousin.
Any new changes on the upcoming EV?
- At the first glance, the new electrified EV looks very similar to the existing one. The only notable difference is its new grille with blue accents on the head and the taillamps giving clarity that the model is an electric car.
- It will also get a ME (Mahindra Electric), variant badging on the boot.
- Ther also sits a ‘+’ and ‘-‘ badge on the boot.
- The new-age electric sub-compact SUV also gets the same alloy wheels as its CE cousin.
What on the power front?
- As er leading media reports, the new KUV100 EV will get a single 15.9kWh battery pack, producing 54.4hp (40kW) and 120Nm of peak torque.
- The battery pack can be charged from 0-100 in approximately 6 hours using a regular AC charger.
- While a DC fast charger can do the job in roughly 55 mins.
- The new EV is also expected to have a range of 150km on a single charge.
- Although certain reports also suggest that the KUV100 EV will also be offered with a bigger battery option as seen on the prototype at last year’s Auto Expo.
What about price and rivals?
- When launched the Mahindra KUV100 will rival the likes of the soon to launch Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R EV and will range between Rs. 7-9 lakhs.