Not too long ago it was reported that Indian carmaker Mahindra was planning on discontinuing the Marazzo MPV. The reason cited for the discontinuation was the MPV’s low sales number.
It was also reported that the Mahindra Marazzo will be joined by the brand’s tallboy hatchback the KUV100. But now reports have poured in that Mahindra has no plans upon discontinuing any of the designated models. That’s not all Mahindra also plans upon introducing an AMT variant of the Marazzo MPV.
What powers the Mahindra Marazzo?
- Although, the Marazzo is one the most refined cars Mahindra ever produced.
- Despite getting a newer and more refined 1.5-litre diesel engine accompanied by many features, the MPV didn’t pick up that well.
- The engine is capable of generating 123 hp and 300 Nm of torque while paired to a standard 6-speed manual gearbox.
- We can expect to see a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine powering the Mahindra Marazzo MPV sometime later this year.
- The petrol motor generates 163hp with 280 Nm of peak torque, while paired to a 6-speed manual and an optional AMT.
What’s on the feature end?
- In terms of styling, the BS6 compliant version will more or less remain the same on the outside.
- However, on the inside, we get to see some new features on the inside which include dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, an engine immobilizer, power windows, central locking, a USB charging point for the rear passenger, fabric seat upholstery, roof-mounted rear AC vents and outside mirrors with integrated turn indicators.
- Additional features include a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, a rear wiper and washer, a voice messaging system and electrically adjustable outside mirrors.
- It also boasts 16-inch alloy wheels, a rear defogger, keyless entry and steering-mounted controls.