Maruti Suzuki has launched its much-awaited 2020 Vitara Brezza. It may be noted that the compact SUV will be coming with a petrol option only. It will be rivalling against the Hyundai Venue and Tata Nexon. Will it fair or fail against its rivals? Let’s find out.
Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Tata Nexon vs Hyundai Venue | Engine Comparison
|Specs||Vitara Brezza||Tata Nexon||Hyundai Venue|
|Engine||1.5-litre K Series||1.2-litre Turbo Petrol/1.5-litre Turbo Diesel||1.2-litre/1.0-litre Turbo Petrol/1.4-litre Diesel|
|Transmission||5-speed Manual/4-speed Automatic(Torque Converter)||6-speed Manual/6-speed AMT||5/6-speed Manual / 6/7-speed DCT|
- For the petrol variants, Tata Nexon is the most powerful with 110hp of power and a peak torque of 170Nm.
- 2020 Vitara Brezza has no diesel variant to compare. Tata Nexon once again has a better engine than the Venue.
- For the transmission options, the Venue has the best automatic option with DCT option to choose from.
Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Tata Nexon vs Hyundai Venue | Features
|Specs||Maruti Vitara Brezza||Tata Nexon||Hyundai Venue|
|ABS with EBD||✔||✔||✔|
|Reverse Parking Sensors||✔||✔||✔|
|Speed Alert System||✔||✔||✔|
|Seat-belt Reminder and Pretensioners||✔||✔||✔|
- As the safety norms in the country are getting strict, companies have started giving the features as standard.
- The touchscreen infotainment is not available in the base variants. But the upper variants do have it.
- Side curtain airbags do come as an option in the Hyundai Venue.
- Nexon has a sun-roof as an option in upper variants.
|Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Tata Nexon vs Hyundai Venue | Features
|Maruti Vitara Brezza||₹7,34,000-₹11,40,000|
The prices of all three cars are comparable to each other. Maruti seems to have shed the cheapest car possible tag after BS6 upgrades.