Well, it’s not news that India’s biggest carmaker Maruti Suzuki has been working upon launching a new, more feature-loaded and apparently slightly safer iteration of the Celerio hatchback.
Much recently, a test mule of the 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio was spotted being tested on Indian roads, revealing much of its more advanced features. But, that not all, The 2021 Celerio has got a plethora of feature up its sleeves.
So without wasting any more time let’s see What we know so far about the soon to launch 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio.
Better and Stronger platform
- It is believed that the new 2021 Celerio will under Maruti’s Heartect platform.
- This platform also does its job on the Maruti Suzuki Swift, S-Presso and the Wagon R.
- It also means that with a new platform the dimension of the Celerio will also change.
- It is likely to boast a bigger size and a longer wheelbase compared to the outgoing model.
A New and Powerful engine
- The 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio will be offered with 1.2-litre 4-cylinder petrol and a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder petrol unit.
- Both motors generate 80hp with a peak torque of 110Nm 1.0L and 65hp with 91Nm of torque.
- On the transmission end, the revamped hatchback will receive a standard 5-speed manual and an AMT gearbox.
More Feature Loaded!
- looking at the test mules the new tall-boy hatch is expected to get a new set of headlamps, a new front bumper and grille, ORVMs with integrated turn signals and chrome treatment on the front grille.
- Moving on the inside, we will get to see auto climate control, steering mounted controls, power windows, Maruti’s Smartplay infotainment system, a new instrument cluster.
- However, don’t get too carried away as these features will only be offered with the higher trims.
- The safety list on the 2021 Celerio will include dual airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, reverse camera.
Bigger and Better Rivals
- As stated earlier that the new 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio is expected to be based on a completely new platform.
- This simply means that it will grow in size, leading to the new 2021 iteration to have new rivals.
- So, going by leading media reports the next-gen Maruti Suzuki Celerio will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro, Tata Tiago and the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios.