A lot is going on at Porsche and its parent company Volkswagen, as the brands rise from internal combustion to state-of-the-art electric mobility. It was previously speculated that Volkswagen was planning something big for Porsche and with the Taycan 4S going all-electric it seems that have begun with its revolution.
You May Also Like: Hella Has Developed “Artificial Driving Noise” For Electric Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S | Highlights
- The Porsche Taycan 4S was unveiled at the Frankfurt International Motor Show, Germany in September.
- The Taycan 4S is the least power in the Taycan lineup; The Taycan Turbo and Taycan Turbo S.
- The Taycan 4S is the most affordable all-electric sportscars by Porsche with proces starting at $100,000.
- The Taycan 4S features an all-wheel-drive layout with a permanent synchronous magnet motor driving each axle and a 300V inverter for the front motor and 600V in the rear.
- The Porsche Taycan 4S can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 4 seconds with a maximum speed of 250 km/h.
- The Taycan 4S has a range of 407 kms in the Performance variants and 463 kms for the Performance Plus.
- The Taycan can go from a 5% charge to 80% in just 22.5 minutes (when plugged into an 800-volt, high-speed DC charging station).
- The Taycan 4S comes in two variants; Performance and Performance Plus.
- The Taycan 4S Performace comes with a 390 kW electric motors producing 530 ps of power.
- The Taycan 4S Performance Plus, on the other hand, gets a 420 kW electric motor with 571 ps.
- The Porsche Taycan 4S Turbo and Turbo S use a 500 kW and 560 kW respectively.
- The German luxury automaker reportedly spent about $770 million on the factory where it is building the new line of Taycan electric sports cars, and Porsche has committed to spending $6.6 billion developing electric vehicles through 2022.
Must Read: Electric Cars in India: The Clear Picture