After the immense success of the Triber, french carmaker Renault is all up and ready another sub-4 metre SUV for the Indian consumers. The all-new compact SUV (codenamed Kiger) is scheduled to break its cover somewhere around the second half of 2020.
These speculations are being made as according to leading media reports Renault has already trademarked the name ‘Kiger’ which indeed refers to a rare horse breed found in the United States of America.
- On the mechanical front, the Renault Kiger is based on the company’s CMF-A modular platform which also underpins the Renault Triber and the Kwid. Moreover, we can also expect the SUV to be one of the most affordable in the compact SUV segment.
- The Renault Kiger will come equipped with a 1.0-litre petrol engine previously featured in the Triber, pushing the power output to 71hp and 96Nm of torque. However, the Kiger might receive a turbocharged petrol engine offering a higher power and torque value.
- Transmission options on the Kiger will include a 5-speed manual and an AMT gearbox.
- As far as the looks are concerned the Renault Kiger will take over the styling specs from the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and the Hyundai Venue. On the outside, we can expect the Renault Kiger to share its designing highlights with the renault triber and the Duster.
- The all-new Sub compact SUV from Renault is likely to get the company’s iconic 3 layered grille with the renault logo in the middle. Additional features on the outside include projector headlamps with LED DRL’s, faux-skid plate, a sculpted bonnet and strong creases on the outside.
- With its launch the Kiger can be expected to be prices as low as Rs. 6 lakhs making it the most affordable compact SUV beating the Hyundai Venue and the Maruti Vitara Brezza. The new SUV will be compliant with all-new safety and crash test norms and safety features