The Renault Kwid facelift was launched just a day after when Maruti Suzuki launched the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso. Renault launched a facelifted version of its popular Kwid hatchback with a sportier, more bold look. The Renault Kwid was launched in India back in 2015 and has been a runaway success with over 3,00,000 units of the Kwid sold.
2019 Renault Kwid Facelift | Highlights
- The 2019 Renault Kwid facelift comes with two petrol engine options; 0.8 (800cc) 3-cyl petrol and 1.0 (1000cc) 3-cyl petrol.
- The Kwid facelift also comes in five models; Standard, RxE, Rxl, RxT and Climber.
- Renault is offering the Kwid facelift with a booking amount of just ₹5,000.
You May Like Maruti Suzuki S-Presso VS 2019 Renault KWID Facelift
- The Renault Kwid takes some styling cues from the Renault City KZ electric car which was launched in China in the first quarter of 2019.
- The launch follows the introduction of Renault Triber in August and Renault Duster facelift in July.
- New Renault Kwid facelift comes with two SCE (smart control efficiency) petrol engines with 0.8-litre and 1.0-litre. The 0.8-litre engine develops 53 bhp and torque of 72 nm.
- Its 1.0-litre variant produces 67bhp and 91 Nm of torque and gets an optional 5 speed AMT which is called Easy-R by Renault. Both the engines get a standard 5-speed manual gearbox.
- The engines are BS4 compliant however, Renault is expected to introduce BS6 compliant versions closer to the April 2020 deadline.
2019 Renault Kwid Facelift Specifications
|Specifications||2019 Renault Kwid Facelift|
|Engine||0.8 (800cc) 3-cyl petrol/1.0 (1000cc) 3-cyl petrol|
|Transmission||5 Manual Transmission (800cc only)/5MT or 5AMT (Easy-R)|
|Torque||72 nm/91 Nm|
2019 Renault Kwid Facelift Price
|Standard 0.8 (800CC)||₹2.83 lakh|
|RxE 0.8 (800CC)||₹3.53 lakh|
|RxL 0.8 (800CC)||₹3.53 lakh|
|RxT 0.8 (800CC)||₹4.13 lakh|
|RxT 1.0 (1000CC)||₹4.33 lakh-₹4.41 lakh|
|RxT AMT (1000CC)||₹4.63 lakh ₹4.71 lakh|
|Climber (1000CC)||₹4.55 lakh ₹4.62 lakh|
|Climber AMT (1000CC)||₹4.85 lakh ₹4.92 lakh|
2019 Renault Kwid Facelift Colours
The 2019 Renault KWID facelift is available in 6 colour options:
- Zanskar Blue
- Fiery Red
- Moonlight Silver
- Ice Cool White
- Outback Bronze
- Electric Blue.
- The refreshed KWID gets a newly designed dashboard with an 8-inch infotainment system (no steering mounted controls). The KWID also gets a digital instruments cluster.
- The top-end variant KWID RxT 0.8 gets a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 14-inch alloy wheels, LED DRLs and a rear centre armrest.
- Safety equipment-wise, the KWID includes a driver-side airbag with ABS with EBD, high-speed alert system and reverse parking sensors.
- Passenger airbag and rear power windows are only available in the 1.0 KWID Rxt and KWID Climber.
- The Climber variant gets faux skid plates at the front and back, roof rails, 14-inch steel wheels and orange highlights.