The German-owned Czech carmaker, Skoda, is all set to launch its first made in India compact SUV, Kushaq, in the country. As per the sources, the company will be launching the Kushaq on 28th June 2021. And from next month, the company claims that the SUV will start reaching the customers’ homes.
Skoda Kushaq is *THE* most important vehicle for Skoda in India as it will recite the future plans of the company in our automotive market. Hence, to sustain itself in the market, they have come with a gem of a product, called the Skoda Kushaq. So, what are the highlights of the Skoda Kushaq? Let’s dive in.
Ambient Lighting and Illumination
Almost all the cars in the segment and at this price range come with ambient lighting. Skoda Kushaq is no behind as the SUV also comes with ambient lighting on its top-end trim. Moreover, an additional thing in the Kushaq is that all the switches are illuminated which shows the level of dedication the company has put into the car. Not to miss, the interior reading lamps are also white bright LEDs.
Powertrain or the Engine
Moving further, the SUV from Skoda gets a couple of powerful turbo petrol engines. Also, these engines are shared between its cousin, Volkswagen. Speaking of which, the Skoda Kushaq will come with 1.0-litre and a 1.5-litre turbo petrol TSI motor. Both of which are super refined and powerful.
- The 1.0-litre 3 cylinder motor is said to generate a max power of 115ps and about 175Nm of peak torque.
- On the other hand, the more powerful 1.5-litre 4 cylinder turbo petrol engine generates a max horsepower of 150hp and a peak torque of 250Nm.
Like the engine, the transmission options of the Skoda Kushaq are unique. The SUV comes with not 2 or 3 but 4 transmissions to choose from.
- The 1.0-litre engine comes mated with either a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed torque converter automatic. Also, this engine and transmission combo also does duties in the Skoda Rapid. But the one is Kushaq is in a different state of tune.
- On the contrary, the power from a 1.5-litre engine gets transferred to the front wheels via a 6-speed manual transmission or a 7 speed DSG automatic.
Semi-Digital Instrument Cluster
One of the standard features of today’s modern cars is an all-digital or semi-digital instrument cluster. Well, we are excited to tell you that this SUV comes with a semi-digital instrument cluster. But that doesn’t end there.
- To begin with this instrument cluster not only shows important information like odometer, average fuel consumption, cruise setting but also other bits.
- This includes the media display such as the name of the song or FM radio station that is being played.
- This surely comes in handy as the driver does not have to take his/her eyes off the road for long.
Most of the carmakers integrate a premium audio system from a big audio brand. But the one in Skoda has been researched by the company itself. Talking about it, the premium audio system from Skoda comprises 6 speakers and a subwoofer. This means, no one will be disappointed in the audio quality of the vehicle. Well done Skoda!
Another bonus feature in the SUV from Skoda is its infotainment system. This is something that keeps the occupants entertained. Hence, it has to be free of bugs and should be fast and slick. This is exactly how we can describe the new 25.4cm touch screen. With that, the infotainment system also supports wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Also Read: 2021 Skoda Octavia vs Hyundai Elantra
Possibly the most lovable feature for us Indian’s has to be a sunroof. And yes, the new Skoda Kushaq comes with one. Although it is not a panoramic sunroof that some of its rivals comes with, but it is still there.
With the rising demand for safe cars in India, Skoda has got that covered too. Talking about the safety kit, the car comes with six airbags, a multi-collision braking system, TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring system) automatic headlights, rain-sensing wipers and hill start assist. Also, including ABD and EBD, ESC comes as a standard fitment across all the variants.
Creature Comforts and Features
Like its Korean rivals, this time around, the Skoda Kushaq does come with a lot of gadgets and gizmos. This includes,
- Wireless phone charger
- ventilated seats
- USB Type C charging socket
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and more
Made in India
Unlike before, Skoda and Volkswagen have taken a different route to sell cars in India. Now, both companies (Skoda and Volkswagen) are focused on delivering new cars that are specifically designed and manufactured in India for India.
Talking about the Skoda Kushaq, this SUV is based on the latest MQB A0 IN which is designed specifically for the Indian market. Also, this platform is similar to that of the MQB A0 which is a part of the cars in the international market. Skoda also says that many cars in the future will underpin this very chassis.
Well, in the end, Skoda is pitching the segment that is super hot and has tremendous competition. Talking about it, Hyundai Creta, Nissan Kicks, Kia Seltos, Maruti Suzuki S-Cross stand next to the Skoda Kushaq.
Additionally, Skoda will be launching Kushaq on 28th June. But we can assume the price to range from ₹11 Lakhs to ₹17 Lakhs ex-showroom.
What do you think of the new compact SUV from Skoda? Will it be able to conquer the market with this strategy? let us know in the comment section below.