Skoda is ready to gear up the game in India as its new compact SUV goes into production. After Skoda Octavia, Kushaq becomes the second car from the brand to launch soon. We can anticipate that the carmaker to launch the Kushaq at the end of June or July start.
Adding to a healthy start, the first lot of the SUV is now in production at its manufacturing plant in Pune. A thing to note is that Kushaq is the first vehicle under the Volkswagen group India 2.0 Plan.
How does the new Skoda Kushaq look?
The German-owned Czech carmaker revealed the production-ready Kushaq some time ago. And oh boy! it surely was one of the beautiful looking cars in India. In addition to that, it wasn’t far off from the concept Vision IN that was showcased at the AutoExpo last year.
- From the front, the new Kushaq gets sharp all led headlights sandwiching Skoda’s traditional grille.
- Underneed, Kushaq gets a strong chin with a faux skid plate on the lower part of the bumper.
- Adding a classy touch is the uniquely placed led fog lights
- At the read, the good aesthetics continue. The new Skoda Kushaq gets all led taillights that also gets a distinctive appeal.
- Moving to the side, the large 17-inch rims (on the top end trim) fill the wheel arched well and lend the perfect attitude to the vehicle.
Does the Skoda Kushaq get a long feature list?
In a short word Yes! After analysing the Indian market, Skoda has packed its compact SUV to the brim when it comes to features.
- This is one of those times when the car introduced in India is at power with the vehicles sold overseas. This includes a plush dashboard, 2 spoke steering and a long equipment list.
- In addition to that, the top-end variant of the Kushaq will get a 10-inch infotainment system, sunroof, premium sound system, an all-digital instrument cluster ambient lighting, ventilated seats and more.
- Safety features include 6 airbags, a multi-collision braking system, TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring system, with just ABS and ESP standard on all variants.
What’s under the hood?
This is where the party begins, this compact SUV from Skoda comes with a couple of fun powertrain and drivetrain options.
- So, the Kushaq will come with a powerful 1.5-litre Turbo Petrol TSI engine that pushes 150hp of max power and 250Nm of maximum torque. Also, it is expected that this engine will come either with a 6 speed MT or a 7 Speed DSG gearbox.
- The other engine is a 1.0-litre turbo petrol TSI motor that also does duties in the Skoda Rapid. This engine is healthy enough to produce 110hp of power and 175 Nm of peak torque. Transferring the power to the front wheels will be an option of a 6-speed MT or a 6-speed AT (torque converter).
Rivals and Prices
Skoda is targeting one of India’s hottest markets. Also, it would take more than just features and engine to capture the market. That said, Kushaq sits along with the likes of Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Jeep Compass and more. Also, we can expect the price of the Skoda Kushaq to range anywhere from ₹12 Lakhs to ₹18 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
So, let us know in the comment section will Skoda Kushaq be able to conquer the compact SUV marker from its Korean rivals?
Recommended: 9 Most Awaited Upcoming Cars In India In 2021