The homegrown car manufacturer Tata launched a new premium hatchback Altroz last year. And to celebrate the first anniversary the carmaker is gifting its hatchback a new and exciting turbo petrol engine. The 2021 Tata Altroz will be carrying forward the trend of turbo petrol engines with an i-Turbo badge.
Watch this video about the Tata Altroz on the GoMechanic YouTube Channel.
Tata Altroz is now finally on brochures and can be booked at a premium of ₹11,000. Also, the prices will be announced on 22nd January 2021 (mark these dates).
This is not the first time that Tata has tried turbocharging its hatchback. That said, it was the Tata Tiago JTP that first boasted of a powerful turbo petrol engine. But the customers here in India took their own sweet time to make use of these turbo petrol engines.
Now, Tata with another offering with a powerful engine looks promising, or does it? let’s dive a little into the new Altroz’s characteristics.
What is new in and out of the vehicle?
To begin with, there are subtle changes in the exterior as well as the interior.
- The most noticeable change on the outside is the new paint scheme.
- It is this ‘harbour blue’ colour that may become the new flagship colour of the vehicle. Indeed, the Altroz looks gorgeous in blue.
- Plus, the new Altorz turbo will be carrying the name i-Turbo in bold on its tailgate.
Well, it is heartbreaking that the new Tata Altroz turbo gets no changes on the inside. But the bright side is, the car already had a ton of features going in favour of the vehicle.
- The top-end trim of the Tata Altroz comes with 7″ infotainment system with a 6-speaker setup from Harmon.
- Also, this infotainment system comes with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Along with that Altroz also boasts of iRA connected car tech.
- Besides, Xpress cool feature is something that really helps in summers considering the climate in India.
Here is a sneak peek about the goodies the new Altoz Turbo will offer:
Long story short, the Tata Altroz i-Turbo only comes in XT, XZ and XZ+ variants.
What does the Tata Altroz possess under the hood?
Altroz in its i-Turbo avatar gets the same familiar engine that does duties in the Nexon.
- Talking about the numbers, it is a 1.2-litre MPi turbo petrol engine that comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission only. A DCT automatic transmission may be introduced at a later stage.
- This turbo petrol engine is heavily detuned when compared to the one in Nexon. The motor generates 110ps of max power and delivers *mere* 140Nm of peak torque.
- This means that the car can attain an acceleration time from 0-100 in around 11.9 seconds which is a little down when compared to its rivals.
2021 Tata Altroz i-Turbo will compete with…
Tata launched the Altroz to give the Koreans run for their money. By now you must have figured already that the premium hatchback that comes closest to the Altroz is the new Hyundai i20. But it is the price that is yet to be announced.
But for now, the booking for the Altorz Turbo is live and one can do the some at a sum of ₹11,000/-.
Tata wants us to set a reminder of 22nd January, this is when they’ll be announcing or rather launching the Tata Altroz i-turbo. What is your take on the i-Turbo, will it stand up to its claims? Let us know in the comment section below.
To know more about the launch: Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Official Teaser Released. 13th January Launch.