Volkswagen India has launched a new Comfortline TSI AT variant that undercuts its other automatic variants. The German carmaker is known for silently updating its hot hatch Polo in India. In this latest iteration, Volkswagen is now offering an automatic transmission with the 1.0-litre TSI motor in its Comfortline variant. Also, the car is priced at ₹8.51 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
FUN FACT: With the launch of the Volkswagen Comfortline AT, it becomes the cheapest VW in India with an automatic transmission.
Does the Volkswagen Polo still pack a punch?
Volkswagen Polo is a well-known hatchback in the car community, be it a show car or a track car, there are many version of the Polo. Hence, it still has many hearts beating for the hatch.
- In the last update, Polo got a new 1.0-litre TSI motor that is precisely tuned for this little hatch.
- That said, this tiny motor produces a massive 110ps of max power and 175Nm bucked load of torque.
- Also, this engine comes mates to a 6-speed manual transmission and a 6speed torque converter. But now even the Comfortline variant also boasts of this transmission. Beat that rivals!
Are there any features in this new variant?
On the feature front, the Volkswagen in the Comfortline variant offers,
- Automatic climate control
- A premium sound system
On the safety front, the Polo offers:
- Electronic stability programme
- Hill hold control
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Rear defogger and rear wash wiper
Is the pricing right?
To being with, Volkswagen has launched the Polo AT in the Comfortline variant at a price of ₹8.51 Lakhs (ex-showroom). This means the Polo with the automatic transmission undercuts many of its rivals, like the Honda Jazz and the Hyundai i20.
What do you think of the new variant update in the Volkswagen Polo’s line-up? let us know in the comment section.
Interesting read: 6 Iconic Indian Rally Cars, From Maruti Esteem To Volkswagen Polo