It was not too long ago when we reported that Hyundai is working upon launching the 2021 iteration of the brand’s only subcompact sedan, The Hyundai Aura.
The 2021 iteration was also expected to feature a few minor tweaks on the outside. It was also suspected that one of the most noticeable tweaks on the 2021 variant will be the rear spoiler, which is now a reality as the slightly tweaked version has started to reach dealer stockyards.
What’s new on the 2021 Aura?
- Starting with the outside, we will get to a rear spoiler with the S, SX and SX(O) variant.
- The S variant will also get steel style Wheels.
- The AMT options of all the S-line variants will also get 3M Graphics in a Gun Metal shade
- Certain reports also suggest that Hyundai will also discontinue offering the existing 14-inch spare wheel the base variant.
- We can also expect Hyundai to discontinue the Arkamys Premium Sound system from the SX and the SX(O) variants.
- With its launch, it will continue to rival the like of the Tata Tigor, Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire and the Honda Amaze.
Is there anything new on the mechanical front also?
- The 2021 version of the Aura will continue to come with 3 engine options- 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine and 1.2-litre diesel engine.
- Transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual and an optional AMT.
Any news on the launch?
- It seems that Hyundai is planning to launch the 2021 iteration anytime.
- We also suspect that the brand might as well launch the new aura secretly as till now there has been no official announcement of its launch. Although the updated version has started reaching dealerships.