After rigorous testing and creating a lot of hype, Citroen has finally decided to roll its first SUV in the Indian market. The French carmaker will be launching the C5 Aircross next month. Don’t forget to mark the calendar, 7th April 2021.
Citroen C5 Aircross
It’s usually said, the first impression is the last impression. And the C5 Aircross is the brand’s debut in the competitive domestic car market of ours.
- Citroen is getting the SUV as a CKD unit which means the prices of the vehicle will be slightly on the higher side.
- After getting a hands-on impression of the C5 Aircross, it does seem that the vehicle is built to last.
- Additionally, Citroen says that the suspension on the Aircross is perfectly tuned to tackle roads that are smooth or rough.
- Moving towards the features, the C5 Aircross has anything and everything that a user desires. With an all-digital instrument cluster, a wireless charger and India’s favourite panoramic sunroof, the vehicle has got it covered.
Powertrain and Drivetrain
Under the hood of the C5 sits a 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine with no option for petrol.
- This motor is capable of generating 177hp of max power and 400Nm of peak torque.
- On the transmission front, the Aircross only gets one automatic transmission with no stick shift. Sending the power to only the front wheel is an 8-speed AT (Torque Converter).
Is there anything more on this Platter?
Well, along with a really tough vehicle Citroen will also be offering a 5-year or 50,000kms complimentary maintenance package. But the catch here is that you have to book the vehicle before 6th April.
The car is available at premium Citroen dealerships ‘La Maison’. In addition to that, currently, the company is accepting bookings for the C5 Aircross for an amount of ₹50,000. The C5 is said to rival the likes of Jeep Compass and Skoda Karoq to name a few. We can expect the priced to be somewhere between ₹25-₹30 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
Let us know in the comment section below what do you think of this vehicle? Also, will the vehicle be a hit or a miss in the country, what are your thoughts?
Also, here are the 10 Most Googled Questions On Citroen C5 Aircross
Interesting Read: Citroen Comes Up With Unique Showroom Plans For India