India’s best selling MUV the Mahindra Bolero has been very popular among both the urban as well as the rural commuters. However, the Bolero has been there for quite some time now but still has not lost all its charm. The new 2020 Mahindra bolero’s futuristic design looks pretty rugged and purely utilitarian.
Although Mahindra has not given any major update of when and how the new variant might appear but as reported by GoMechanic that Mahindra will soon roll-out a BS6 compliant model for the bolero very soon.
- On the mechanical front, The current version of the Mahindra Bolero is powered by a 1.5 litre-3 cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. Peak power is rated at 70 Bhp while peak torque comes in at 195 Nm of torque.
- The engine on the 2020 Mahindra Bolero could come matted to a five-speed manual gearbox is standard. Mahindra is definitely working on a BS 6 version of the same engine and will launch it when new emission norms come in next year.
- Apart from the 1.5L engine, Bolero is also available with a 2.5 litre-4 cylinder M2DICR turbocharged diesel engine with 63 Bhp-180 Nm outputs. Mahindra is likely to stop the production of this engine when BS6 norms come in.
- Although on the design front, Mahindra tends on keeping its old boxy design, However, the front might receive a newly designed front bumper and Mahindra’s iconic 3-stripe grille with redesigned bolero branding on the 2020 Mahindra bolero.
- Additional features on the outside of the 2020 Mahindra bolero may include tiger style headlamps and more futuristic LED DRLs adds to the much muscular looks of this beast of a car.