It’s no news that India’s biggest automobile manufacturer Maruti Suzuki is working upon bringing the Jimny to India. The brand’s first off-roader of the Indian market has been spotted many time being tested on Indian roads.
Although, Maruti still says that the off-roader is still under evaluation for the Indian markets but leading media reports suggest that the sketches of the Indian variant have already been approved. As a matter of fact, the brand has also submitted RFQs (Requests for Quotations) to all its domestic suppliers.
- According to the leaked document new 5-door, Jimny will measure 3,850 mm in length, 1,645 mm in width, 1,730 mm in height and will have a wheelbase of 2,550 mm.
- It will weigh almost 1,190kgs while offering a ground clearance of 210mm.
- On the mechanical front, we’ll get to see the usual 1,460cc 1.5L K15B petrol engine.
- This engine generates about 120PS of power at 6,000 RPMs with a peak torque of 130Nm at 4,000 RPMs.
- Transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual and an optional 4-speed AT gearbox.
- It will ride on 15-inch wheels with 195/80 tyres.
Will the Indian-Spec Jimny resemble it’s International-Spec (feature-wise)?
- Feature-wise the International-spec variant comes equipped with Suzuki’s SmartPlay touchscreen infotainment system, multi-functional steering wheel and power-adjustable ORVMs.
- Additional features include 15-inch split-style alloy wheels and projector headlamps with LED DRLs.
- The Indian-spec Maruti Suzuki Jimny, might not feature the same bells and whistles as its International cousin.
- Certain reports also suggest that we could see the 5-door 2021 Maruti Jimny/Gypsy by as early as 2021 with an expected price range of Rs. 12-15 lakh (Ex-showroom).
- Maruti is yet to confirm the exact timeline of the Jimny. However, leading media reports claim the 5-door version of the Jimny will be launched by the end of 2021 or early 2022.
- The deliveries for the 5-door variant will start from July 2022 onwards.