Skoda India is on the front foot lately as they are on a streak of introducing new cars. A while back Skoda showcased the production spec of their compact SUV Kushaq in India. And later also unveiled the C-Segment sedan Octavia. But now, Zac Hollis has confirmed that the Kushaq and Octavia will be arriving in the showrooms soon.
When will both the cars be launched?
Well, the compact SUV Kushaq and the C-Segment sedan Octavia have already been unveiled in India.
- But because of the ongoing second wave of the COVID-19, the carmaker has delayed the launch of both cars.
- As far as we know, Kushaq, as well as Octavia, will be there in showrooms by July this year.
- Also, the booking for the Skoda Kushaq are subjected to open somewhere in June, added Zac.
- Additionally, the C-segment sedan Octavia is already on the production line at Skoda’s factory in Aurangabad, Maharastra.
There are currently no plans to launch Fabia in India. The Kushaq will be in showrooms from July and the all new Sedan from the end of the year.
— Zac Hollis (@Zac_Hollis_) May 4, 2021
Skoda and its future plans for India?
The Chech car maker Skoda, along with Volkswagen has designed a made in India platform called the MQB AO IN platform.
- Almost all the cars that will be sold in India will be based on this new platform including the SUV Kushaq and Taigun.
- In addition to that, Zac Hollis also confirmed to launch an all-new sedan in India that will rival the likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and more.
- We can also expect the new sedan to share the same powertrain. Similar to the Rapid might be a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine similar to that of the Skoda Rapid.
- Zac Hollis confirmed that we could see this all-new sedan in flesh by year-end.
Interesting Read Car Sales Report April 2021, Maruti Scores 7 Out Of 10!