German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz has recently announced that the all-new Mercedes-Benz EQA electric SUV will be underpinned by an all-new dedicated EV platform for the all-electric crossover.
Read More: Mercedes-Benz To Get Costlier Ahead Of 2020
Ola Källenius, CEO, Mercedes-Benz has officially confirmed that Our new entry-level EV, named EQA, will make its global debut in 2020 Adding further, Källenius also said the Mercedes-Benz EQA is definitely a love child standing beside a preview image of the EQA, which clearly shows the body style of the Mercedes-Benz GLA.
Suggested Read: The Mercedes Benz V Class Elite | Luxury On Steroids
- The Mercedes-Benz EQA was previously revealed at the 2017 Frankfurt motor show as a three-door hatchback crossover which seems to be a bit weird but who’s questioning Right!
- By the looks of it, we can surely determine that the EQA will surely support many cues of the GLA including a revamped front grille and a very unique front facia with curved front and rear lights.
- The EQA is likely to go in sale in International markets by 2020 and will be an integral part of the company’s 10 car EQ lineup expected to hit global showrooms by 2022.
- The Mercedes-Benz EQA will have an expected range of approx. 400 km on a single charge and will be produced at the company’s Hambach plant in France along with the company’s all-electric subsidiary “Smart”.
- The all-new platform on the Mercedes-Benz EQA will come supported by a 272hp dual-electric motor and 500Nm of torque. The all-new flexible platform will push the power either to the front-, rear- or all the four wheels and will come operated by an 800V electrical system with rapid charging.
- However, Mercedes-Benz has still not confirmed any plans to bring the EQ on the India shores, but it surely is definite that the company is surely planning something massive for 2020.