Much recently Mercedes-Benz has revealed a sketch of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLA which shall break cover on the 11th of December 2019 and has been much anticipated by the audience since its trailer launch last month.
However, the sketch only reveals the rear end of the SUV and by the looks of it, It seems to have sustained its iconic GLA design but with more edgy and angular design elements. However, There have been no confirmed reports of its launch in the Indian markets but if and when launched the 2020 Mercedes GLA will give a tough competition to the BMW X1, Audi Q3 and Volvo XC40.
Must Read: Mercedes Benz Recalls Over 2 Lakh Units
- Under the Hood, The petrol line-up on the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLA will have a choice of either a 1.3- and 2.0-litre unit with a power output of 165hp and 228hp, respectively.
- On the diesel front, the SUV will get the choice of a 1.5 or 2.0-litre motor, with the latter coming in two states of tune.
- The 1.5-litre unit will churn 115hp, with the 2.0-litre developing either 150hp or a more potent 190hp, depending on its state of tune.
Suggested Read: Mercedes Benz Sold 200 Cars In A Single Day
- Next in the line will be a 218hp petrol plug-in hybrid variant, matted to a 1.3-litre engine with a gearbox-mounted electric motor – as seen on the new A-class. We can expect to see a 15.6kWh battery pack, giving it an all-electric range of more than 60km.
- As seen on the test mule a new design means that the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLA can be 100mm taller than the current lineup, and its length could be trimmed down by 20mm, its wheelbase will be about 30mm longer, which should hypothetically provide more space within the cabin.
Not to Miss: 2020 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Partly Sheds Camouflage
- On the Inside, we can expect the same interior as seen in the A-class which includes a digital instrument cluster and infotainment display housed within a single cluster, turbine-inspired air-con vents, and plenty of leather and teakwood inserts. Like on the GLB, A rear adjustable seat can also be expected.