The BMW X1 is the company’s most smallest and affordable SUV and has been able to prove its stance in the Indian automobile sector. However, It seems that BMW has decided to give it’s smallest offering a mid-cycle upgrade.
We can expect to see the all-new BMW X1 in the Indian markets by February and with its launch, the X1 will be competing against some of the biggest players in the game including Mercedes-Benz GLA, the Audi Q3, the Volvo XC40 and BMW’s very own Mini Countryman.
Read More: BMW India Reports 11% Drop In Volume
The new 2020 BMW X1 is scheduled to make its debut in India by mid-2020, and rumours also suggest that BMW could plan on giving its facelifted X1 an all-new 1.5-litre engine.
- The BMW X1 facelift is all set to feature a 1.5-litre, three-cylinder, direct-injection turbocharged petrol engine, pushing the power to 135hp. Moreover, we can also expect to see the same engine specs could also feature in the BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe as well.
- As of now, the Pre-facelift version features a
- Leading media reports also suggest that if the demand for this engine is sufficient enough for the ASEAN as well as the middle-eastern regions, Then BMW could consider assembling the turbo-petrol unit locally.
- On the inside, the X1 comes finishes with stylish and high-quality materials which complement its hand-woven upholstery. We can also expect to see a 6.5-inch screen standard infotainment system. However, customers can go for an 8.8-inch or 10.25-inch touch screen which can be operated through BMW’s iDrive Controller or voice control with built-in navigation.
- The minor facelift on the outside features new adaptive headlights which adds a much sharper look to the SUV. other noticeable changes include new integrated fog lamps and large redesigned front grille for better air intake.