Since its launch in December, the Nissan Magnite has been selling like hotcakes. So much so! that the waiting period has been extended to over 8 months.
That’s not all, within days of its launch the Magnite attained over 15,000 bookings and now Nissan has revealed that the Magnite has achieved a production milestone of 10,000 units.
What’s under the hood?
- The Magnite boasts of two 1.0-litre engines. A naturally aspirated petrol and a turbo petrol motor.
- Naturally, it is the turbo petrol engine that is more powerful.
- Considering the numbers, the turbo petrol engine is capable of generating 100ps of max power and 160Nm of peak torque.
- Mated to the engine is an option of either a 5-speed manual or a CVT transmission.
What makes it unique?
- On the inside, the Magnite gets a wireless phone charger, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Also, it comes with an air purifier and first in segment 360-degree reversing camera.
- Recently Nissan secures a respectable 4-star rating in the ASEAN NCAP crash test rating.
- This subcompact SUV from Nissan sits in a very hot segment with competition from everywhere. This include, Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300 and India’s beloved Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
- With the increase in the price of just the base variant, Nissan Magnite now starts at 5.5 lakhs (ex-showroom) and offer a true value for money composition.