To mark the first anniversary of the Tata Altroz, the homegrown carmaker is set to launch its premium hatch with an exciting turbo petrol engine. Today, Tata teased a video wherein they showcased the new badge that the car will be carrying, i.e, Tata Altroz ‘i-Turbo’.
Mark 13th January 2021 as Tata will unfold everything about the new Altroz i-Turbo.
The new turbo petrol engine will join the existing lineup of the 1.2-litre naturally aspirated engine. It is also speculated that along with a new engine Altroz may also get a couple of new features. So, here is what we can expect from the new Tata Altroz i-Turbo.
What Do i-turbo Pack Under the Hood?
The talking point about the i-Turbo variant of the Altroz undoubtedly has to be the engine. This premium hatchback boasts of a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine. For you to know, this is the same engine that does work in the Tata Nexon, but this one sits in a different state of tune. Or Rather is heavily Detuned.
- This turbo engine is capable of generating 110hp of max power and the peak torque is restricted to just 140Nm. SAD!
- This engine transfers the power to the front wheels via a 5-speed transmission.
- Also, there may be an option of a DCT automatic in the brands’ arsenal later.
Are there any Aesthetic Changes in the Tata Altroz i-Turbo?
About the exterior, the most noticeable change is the new paint scheme that may be exclusive to the turbo petrol variant.
- It is the harbour blue colour that may become the new flagship colour of the vehicle. Indeed, the Altroz looks hot in blue.
- Additionally, to distinguish further the new altroz will get an i-turbo badge on the tailgate.
- Stepping inside is where one can witness little changes. Let’s begin with the infotainment system as it may get 2 additional speakers in conjunction with the current 6 speaker system from Harmon.
- Also, driving modes might be unique in the turbo petrol variant.
- With the new turbo petrol engine, Altroz is also said to have a new XZ+ variant with the added features over the conventional vehicle.
- The hatch may also get the new Tata’s iRA connected car tech with obvious Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. All these features are integrated into the same 7-inch infotainment system.
New Tata Altroz, Price and Rivals
To begin with, this premium hatchback will come in XT, XZ, and XZ+ variants only. Expect the prices to go up when compared to its NA (Naturally Aspirated) counterpart. Apart from a lot of features and decent driving dynamics, 5-star Global NCAP crash-test rating can work in the favour this premium hatchback. That said, Tata Altroz will rival the newly launched Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI and also Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
To know more about the launch: Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Official Teaser Released. 13th January Launch.
Time is the only variable that can tell whether this hatch with 140Nm will be hit or a miss. In the meantime, let us know in the comment section below, what do you think of the new 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine in the Altroz.
Watch our latest video on the GoMechanic YouTube Channel. Don’t forget to Subscribe