The Tata Safari and the MG Hector Plus have finally received another competitor. Hyundai has launched the Alcazar in India at a starting price of ₹16,30,300 lakhs. While most of you would say it is nothing but a 7-seater Creta, we want you to know two things. First, this trend of extending an existing 5-seater into a 7-seater is what most automakers are doing nowadays. Second, if you think Alcazar is just a 7-seater Creta, you are wrong. Here is all that you need to know about the new 6/7 seater in the market.
What’s on the Mechanical front?
- The new 7-seater from Hyundai will be offered with 2 engine options.
- A 2.0-litre petrol MPi and a 1.5-litre diesel CRDi engine
- The petrol motor generates 159ps at 6500 RPMs with a peak torque of 191 Nm at 4500 RPMs.
- While the diesel unit produces 115ps power at 4000rpm with a peak torque of 250Nm at 2750 rpm.
- Both engines offer a standard 6-speed manual and an optional 6-speed automatic gearbox.
- With an additional 3rd row it also boasts a massive and best in segment wheelbase of 2760 mm.
Any new first in segment features?
This is where things get serious. The new MG Hector Plus gets a plethora of new and first in segment features.
- It gets a first in segment 26.03 cm (10.25″) multi-display digital cluster
- Bose premium sound system (8 Speakers)
- Auto healthy air purifier with AQI display
- Front row seatback table with retractable cup-holder and IT devise holder
- Front row sliding sunwisor
- Side footstep
- Rear window sunshade
Any other feature updates?
- Apart from these first in segment features, we also get to see some best in segment feature like Voice-enabled smart panoramic sunroof 2nd-row one-touch tip and tumble seats (Captain & 60:40 Split Seats), Drive mode select (comfort | eco | sport, Traction control modes (snow | sand | mud).
- Additional features include Puddle lamps with Hyundai logo projection, 64 colours ambient lighting, Power driver seat – 8 Way, Advanced Hyundai Blue Link (Connected-Car technology).
- Apart from these major updates we also get to see some feature taken from the Creta like a 10-inch infotainment system, cognac brown interior, cooled glovebox etc.
What about seating options?
- The Hyundai Alcazar will be offered in a 6 and 7 seater option.
- The 6-seater option will feature captain seats in the second row
- While the 7-seater gets bench seats for both the second and third-row.
- We will also get to multiple traction options – Snow/Mud/Sand
Any new variant or Colour options?
The Hyundai Alcazar in 6 variants and 6 colour options.
- Signature (O)
- Prestige (O)
- Platinum (O)
Additionally, these 6 variants will be divided into 17 trims depending upon the engine and seating options. Furthermore, the soon to launch MG Hector Plus rival will also be offered in 6 colour options.
- Typhoon Silver
- Titan Grey
- Taiga Brown
- Starry Night
- Polar White
- Phantom Black
What about launch and rivals?
Variant-Wise Prices (EX-Showroom, All India)
|7-Seater||MT||₹ 16,30,300||₹ 18,22,300||–|
|AT||₹ 17,93,300||₹ 19,55,900||₹ 19,84,900|
|AT||–||₹ 19,78,900||₹ 19,99,900|