It looks like Maruti Suzuki has yet again reduced its car production by 20% this time for the 9th month. India’s largest carmaker, in a regulatory filing on Friday, reported a slump in new car sales from 148,318 in October 2018 to 117,383 units in the previous month.
You May Like: Maruti Suzuki Reduces Production For The 8th Month
Maruti Suzuki Cuts Production By 20% | October 2019
- While the passenger car sales dropped from 148,318 to 117,383 units, Van sales were affected to which recorded half (7,661) the sales compared to the previous year (13,817).
- The compact car segment with the newly launched S-Presso, Celerio, WagonR, Alto lodged 20,985 units this year as opposed to 34,295 in 2018.
- The Sedan segment comprising the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz saw a decline of 1,922 units in October 2019 from 3,513 units in October 2018.
- Even the commercial vehicle market had to take a brunt with Maruti’s Super Carry was reduced to 1,954 units in October from 2,179 units last year.
- In the more upmarket car models like New WagonR, Ignis, Swift, Baleno, Dzire registered 64,079 units against 74,167 in the same month last year.
- However, in terms of total sales, Maruti Suzuki did do well by registering a growth of 4.5% with 1,44,277 unit sold in October 2019. This can be very well attributed to the Diwali, Dusshera and Dhanteras festive season.
- On the contrary, the MUV/SUV segment with Vitara Brezza, Ertiga, XL-6, S-Cross showed signs of progress with 22,736 units posting against 22,526 in October 2018.