Not too long ago Tata Motors confirmed to fit their cars with factory-fitted CNG kits in the nearing future. And now a test mule of the Tata Tiago equipped with stock CNG kit has been spotted testing. It is speculated that Tata will introduce the CNG variants sometime around mid-2022.
Although Tata is yet to confirm the models which are set to receive the CNG treatment, one thing is for sure that the Tata Tiago will be one of them! This also indicates that Tata might just introduce its CNG line-up sooner than anticipated.
- The test mule looks to be the XT trim of the Tiago. So, is it that Tata is following the footsteps of its competitors who offer CNG kits with mid-spec trims.
- The new CNG variant is likely to come fitted with a standard 12kg or 60-liters CNG tank which will consume almost the entire boot space.
- The CNG variant is expected to offer a fuel economy of 30-35km per kg of CNG.
- Under its hood, it will feature the same 1.2L, naturally aspirated, three-cylinder petrol engine.
- When of petrol, the engine produces 84hp with 113Nm of peak torque.
- Not just with its base cars, Tata is also expected to offer CNG with the Altroz as well which makes use of the same 1.2-litre naturally aspirated engine.
- With its launch, the new Tata Tiago CNG will have to rival the likes of some of the segment leaders including- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R S-CNG, Hyundai i10 Nios, Hyundai Aura, Maruti Suzuki Celerio S-CNG, Hyundai Santro CNG and the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga S-CNG